Day 2. You Are Not an Accident
I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born. Isaiah 44:2
The day I realised that fact I was still in primary school, so day two of Purpose Driven Life did not start with a bang for me. The Bible is full of verses describing Gods creation, and his love for us even before we were born.
What really got me though, was the Question to Consider at the end of the Chapter:
The day I realised that fact I was still in primary school, so day two of Purpose Driven Life did not start with a bang for me. The Bible is full of verses describing Gods creation, and his love for us even before we were born.
What really got me though, was the Question to Consider at the end of the Chapter:
I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?
Now theres a biggie.
I think it is safe to say that any person under our God created sun will easily point out some or the other flaw in at least one of the areas listed in that question. Now what gets me is the following:
God Created us, that I believe. Humans are fallable, that I know.
Am I wrong in pointing out my flaws? Anyone would say no reading the last statement on falladility, BUT, personality flaws are character flaws mostly right? Wrong.
My wife and I got two different meanings out of that one: I saw it from the perspective of our God given personality traits, my wife from the perspective of character flaws.
Will someone that does not know God, and picks up this book to search for purpose not be confused by this chapter? I wonder, it was a bit confusing for me and I am rather secure in God love for me.
At least it got me thinking. Maybe I should make peace with who I am personality wise, and try and discern between that which is part of my personality, and those flaws that are truly shortcomings in character.
Maybe we should just heed this verse quoted in the chapter:
Rom12:3b The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what he does for us, not by what we are and what we do for him. (Msg)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home