Day 4. Made to Last Forever
This life is not all there is.
Thats how day four starts off. Now for a Christian that's not news.
For many religions there is nothing new for that matter.
What I DID learn from this chapter however is that God has wired us
specifically to function inside an eternity perspective of life.
The book states that this life is preparation for the next.
Where it ties in with your purpose is that you should have an eternity
perspective. That ties in nicely with day 3, where different
motivators are listed.
One of the most striking references in this chapter is a quote by CS
Lewis: "There are two kinds of people: Those who say to God 'Thy
will be done' and those to whom God says, 'All right then, have
it your way.'"
Which category are you in?
Question to consider: Since I was made to last forever, what is the
one thing I should stop doing and the one thing I should start doing
today?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home